We are proud of the work that we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our awesome team of dedicated people. If you’ve got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group of people in a fun and rewarding environment, then send your resume to email@example.com
Quality Assurance Director
Provide strong technical leadership and quality assurance oversight for architecture, interiors and construction administration staff
Lead and implement ESG’s Quality Assurance Process:
- Communicate directly and frequently with internal Project Architects and Managers to establish and monitor the QA process for each project. Monitor workflow within the office and assist in scheduling adequate time for QA reviews at multiple points during the design and construction document phases.
- Complete quality assurance reviews of multi-disciplinary drawings sets at multiple phases for coordination, code compliance, office and industry standards, and building technology for best practices.
- Assist staff with third party quality assurance reviews and interpretations when necessary.
- Lead ESG’s internal QA committee to review office standards, evaluate updates, recommend changes, and determine the appropriate process to educate staff on an annual basis.
- Supervise ESG’s Specification Writers and Construction Administration Staff to assist with evaluating issues observed in the field.
- Manage the office standard detail library content; assist teams with critical review of unique project details and approaches in design and production.
- Provide quarterly reports on QA processes, procedures and areas of focus to ESG’s Shareholders and Board of Directors. Implement processes that the firm leadership wishes to emphasize to improve the overall quality of ESG’s project design and delivery.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and resources to staff for code education and code interpretation. Respond to staff questions (general and project-specific)
- Facilitate the process for ongoing staff education and development.
- Conduct regular presentations to staff to communicate standards/best practices; provide updates/lessons learned from QA Committee and CA staff
- Assist staff with evaluating products to ensure compliance with office standards and project performance.
- Conduct research when necessary to keep the firm and staff members apprised of changes in model codes, best practices in the industry and the effective transfer of industry knowledge to the firm as a whole.
Representation of ESG Externally
- Assist ESG’s clients when necessary in the resolution of complex or challenging technical or code compliance issues.
- Professional interface and interaction with local and regional Authorities Having Jurisdiction in support of ESG and ESG’s clientele.
- Maintain strong relationships with ESG’s trade partners including product representatives, contractors and consultants in support of continual improvement of ESG’s design and delivery of projects.
Education Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Master’s degree in Architecture preferred
Experience and Qualifications
- Ten-plus years of experience as an Architect leading and managing teams in the production and quality assurance reviews of Design and Construction Documents for complex building types.
- Experience with BSD Speclink and familiarity with BIM/Revit software systems are valued qualifications.
- Demonstration of strong leadership, and the ability to motivate, develop and hold teams accountable. ESG is seeking an individual who is approachable, patient and passionate about helping individuals and teams within the firm grow in their knowledge of the design profession; a true mentor.
- Registered/Licensed Architect required
The individual that ESG is seeking is creative, self-driven and passionate about architecture and design. ESG places a high value on this position within our company and we are prepared to offer a highly competitive salary with the potential for annual bonuses. The selected candidate will also be considered for an ownership track within the firm and will have resource support from the firm’s owners.
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply with your resume and cover letter.