Competent in the detailing and technical documentation of project design, coordination of building systems with consultants, confirmation of conformance with all applicable codes and interface with municipal building departments and other governing agencies to coordinate approvals.
YOU’RE TALENTS PUT TO GOOD USE:
- Develop design construction documents and specifications for projects
- Interpret design concepts and translate them into workable construction systems; evaluate alternatives to develop cost effective solutions; maintain quality technical and design control
- Develop construction details and research architectural materials and systems
- Deliver complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation
- Work independently or with design team to complete projects with fast-paced schedules
- Coordinate with Clients and Consultants and oversee accurate and timely completion of construction documents
- Research and coordinate materials and products for project specifications
- Implement all local, state and federal applicable building codes, constructability and architectural standards of practice
- Conduct site observations and prepare site inventory documentation
- Participate in all aspects of construction administration related activities (in office and on site)
YOU’RE MEANT FOR THIS:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in architecture and professional license
- 8+ years of Project Architect experience within the architecture and construction field
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
- Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
- High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Strong graphical and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to have a solid working relationship with clients
If you checked the boxes above, then what are you waiting for? Email your cover letter, resume, and project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply . People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG) is an award-winning architecture and interior design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
At ESG, everyone is welcome.
We appreciate and value differences among our team, clients, partners and vendors, and in the communities where we live and conduct business. As an inclusive workplace, we encourage bringing your authentic and whole selves to work.
Extraordinary Benefits to Match Your Extraordinary Talents
We understand that you are more than the work you do. We’re comprised of parents, athletes, techies, outdoor enthusiasts, makers, foodies, neat freaks, pet lovers, go getters, social butterflies, introverts and so much more. We want people that work at ESG to feel supported and empowered in all the right ways. Benefits include:
- Environment: Inspired, Creative and Collaborative Co-workers
- Wellness: Work/life schedule flexibility, free on-site gym access, healthy snacks, stress (not so healthy) snacks, close proximity to river, stone arch bridge and park trails
- Internal Engagement: ESG JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion), ESG Green (Sustainability), ESG Cares (Community), Mentorship (All Levels), Design Exchange (Internal Presentations), Design Collaboration (Inspiration, Dialogue, Support), Sports Leagues (Volleyball, Softball, Bowling, etc…)
- Pre-tax Transportation Benefits/Metro Transit Pass
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance packages
- Bonus and profit sharing
- 401K matching program